If you would like a hat that is just for you, something unique or different that reflects your personality, dress and style and ensures a perfect fit, I would love to discuss your ideas with you. I can design and make a special hat, headpiece or fascinator for you. I offer a bespoke design service that is entirely individual and personal.
All my hats are handmade to order, using the highest level of workmanship in my studio in Suffolk. Designs from my collections can be adapted and tailored to your requirements or we can create something completely different. I work with a wide range of materials including straws, felts, silks, velvets, lace, veiling, organdie, beads and feathers and am happy to include your own fabric or trim. I offer a colour matching service to complement any outfit or colour palette.
At the initial consultation, we will talk about your requirements to find the right style, shape and colour for you. If you would like to bring any ideas, pictures or your outfit with you, it would be really helpful. Ideally, you will come to my studio in Ipswich, but if this isn’t possible, we can arrange to meet by Skype, Whatsapp or Zoom.
Please note that hats can take 4 – 6 weeks to create. If you need your headpiece sooner, please let me know
The price of your hat will depend on the cost of the materials and the time it takes to make. It will be different for every hat. I will give you a fixed price once we have agreed the design of your headpiece, after your initial consultation.
The price agreed at the time of order is based on your specifications at that time. If these specifications change and additional work or materials are needed, the price of the headpiece may increase depending on the added materials and time.
Customised hat prices start from £150, bespoke hats start from £195 and fascinators from £95. Payment can be made via Paypal, in cash or by cheque with card.
How it works
- Contact: You contact me by telephone (07990542371) or email email@example.com to find out more and make an appointment. Ideally, we will meet for an initial consultation in my studio in Ipswich, so that you can see what I do and try on some hats, but I am aware how busy people are these days and so we could have the initial consultation through Skype or Zoom.
- Initial consultation: We will talk about what you are looking for, your outfit, the occasion, the style, shapes and colours that suit you, the materials and so on. You can try on hats and I can sketch some ideas for you. The initial consultation lasts about an hour.
- After our first meeting, I will confirm the design, fabric and colour choice and give you a guide price for the hat. If you decide to go ahead, I will ask you to pay a non- refundable 50% deposit.
- First Fitting: Back to the studio to try on your hat and make sure it fits perfectly. I make any adjustments and we finalise the trimmings. More complicated orders may need a further fitting.
- Final Fitting: You collect your finished hat. If necessary, I make any final adjustments. I ask for the balance of the price before you take the hat away! I can also post your hat to you. Please allow about a week for postage in the UK, 1-3 weeks to Europe, USA, Australia and New Zealand.
Exchanges and Returns
If you have any problems with your order, please contact me within 14 days. I will accept returns and exchanges but can only accept returns on bespoke items if they arrive damaged or defective. Buyers are responsible for their own return postage costs and the item must be returned in its original condition and packaging. Buyers should obtain postage with tracking and that needs signing for.